The following outlines incentive programs currently available in Alberta
Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs
- Medicine Hat HAT Smart Program – The City of Medicine Hat offers rebates for new energy efficiency homes and ENERGY STAR air conditioners. As well as a scratch and win program for smaller energy efficiency upgrades.
- Banff Residential Environmental Rebate Program– The Town of Banff currently offers rebates for energy-efficient and renewable energy systems. Eligible projects include ENERGY STAR clothes washers, ENERGY STAR dishwashers, doors, ENERGY STAR furnaces, and more.
Renewable Energy Incentive Programs
- Banff Solar Production Incentive – The Town of Banff currently offers a $0.75 per watt rebate on solar energy systems. However, applications are limited each year.
- Canmore Solar Incentive Program – The Town of Canmore currently offers rebates for residential and commercial solar energy systems. However, applications are limited each year.
- Edmonton Change Homes For Climate Solar Program – The City of Edmonton currently offers a $0.40 per watt rebate for solar energy systems.
- Medicine Hat HAT Smart Program – The City of Medicine Hat is currently offering $1.00 per watt rebate for solar energy systems up to a maximum of $6,000.
- EQUS Solar Incentive – EQUS has partnered with ReWatt Power to offer its customers a $0.10 per watt rebate for solar energy systems.
Clean Transportation Incentive Programs
- Edmonton Climate Change Program – The City of Edmonton Alberta currently offers rebates for e-bikes and electric vehicle charging stations, but will only be accepting applicants until May 31, 2021.
Canada Greener Homes Grant
Buildings, including our homes, account for 18% of Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions. We want to help Canadians make where they live more energy-efficient. This means homes will be more comfortable and more affordable to maintain while also supporting our environmental objectives. The Canada Greener Homes Grant will help homeowners make their homes more energy-efficient, create new jobs across Canada for energy advisors, grow our domestic green supply chains, and fight climate change.
What’s available through the initiative?
- Up to 700,000 grants of up to $5,000 to help homeowners make energy efficient retrofits to their homes, such as better insulation
- EnerGuide evaluations (worth up to $600) and expert advice to homeowners so they can begin to plan their retrofits
- Recruitment and training of EnerGuide energy advisors to meet the increased demand; this will create new jobs across Canada.
Participants are eligible for up to $5,600 total under the initiative. Updates will be provided over the life of the initiative to keep homeowners informed. As part of our work, we are committed to ensuring Greener Homes reaches diverse Canadians, including those living in remote and northern communities and those with limited internet access. We are working on building a diverse network of energy advisors to provide career opportunities to all Canadians.
Prairie Sun Solar is a Canadian Solar Panel Online Distributor (eligible for Greener Homes Grant) as well for Do It Yourself projects.
Incentives Available In These Cities and Across Alberta:
- Medicine Hate
- Grand Prairie