Solar Edge Optimizer – PV power optimization at the module-level
The SolarEdge P400 Power Optimizer is a DC/DC converter that connects to each PV module (up to 400 Watts), replacing the traditional solar junction box and increasing energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module individually. In addition to increasing total system output, module-level MPPT allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts, and module types in the same string. When used in conjunction with SolarEdge inverters, P400 Power Optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems at sub-optimal sites.
The P400 monitors the performance of each PV module and communicates that performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring portal. It’s also equipped with a SafeDC™ feature that automatically shuts down modules’ DC voltage whenever the PV system’s inverter – or grid power – goes offline.
Compatible with most 72- and 96-cell PV modules and all SolarEdge Single Phase inverters.
- Specifically designed to work with SolarEdge inverters
- Up to 25% more energy
- Solar Optimizer
- Flexible system design for maximum space utilization
- Fast installation with a single bolt
- Next generation maintenance with module-level monitoring
- Meets NEC requirements for arc fault protection (AFCI) and Photovoltaic Rapid Shutdown System (PVRSS)
- Module-level voltage shutdown for installer and firefighter safety
- Superior efficiency (99.5%)
- Mitigates all types of module mismatch losses, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading