The following outlines incentive programs currently available in British Colombia
Energy Efficiency Rebate Programs
- Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program – british columbia solar power. Clean BC, BC Hydro, and FortisBC are currently offering two dozen energy efficiency rebates. On a wide range of products and services including insulation, heating & water equipment, appliances, heat pumps, and much more. Municipalities Rebate Top-Up Program – 13 municipalities are currently offering rebate top-ups. That can combined with the Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program.
- Kamloops See The Heat Program – The City of Kamloops is currently allowing residents to loan a thermal imaging camera, free of charge. Along with free draft proofing kit for windows, doors, and electrical switches.
- British Columbia Energy Step Code Program – There are several municipalities. That are offering incentives for new energy efficiency homes built to beat the british columbia solar power Building Code. The best way to see if incentives exist in your municipality is to search for it on the Implementation Updates page of the Energy Step Code website.
- RDN Graded Site-Cut Timber Program – The districts of Nanaimo and Lantzville is currently offering an incentive for home construction or renovation projects. That use graded timber located on-site for structural use.
- Vancouver Heritage Energy Retrofit Grant – The Vancouver Heritage Foundation is currently offering rebates up to $14,000 for energy efficiency, upgrades on homes that were built before 1940 and or are on the Vancouver Heritage Register.
Renewable Energy Incentive Program
- PST Tax Exemption – There is currently a 7% PST exemption for alternative energy generation and energy conservation equipment in BC. This includes insulation, weather stripping, solar PV, micro-hydro, and more.
- RDN Renewable Energy System Program – The districts of Nanaimo and Lantzville are currently offering incentives for solar PV, solar thermal, wind, and geothermal energy systems.
Clean Transportation Rebate Programs
- Provincial Clean Energy Vehicle Program – A rebate up to $3,000, in addition to the $5,000 federal rebate. Use the search function on Go Electric BC to see which vehicle models are eligible and the rebates that apply for each.
- BC SCRAP-IT Program – A rebate up to $6,000 when you trade in a gas-powered vehicle when purchasing an electric vehicle.
- Specialty Use Vehicle Incentive Program – Various incentives available for special and low-speed equipment such as motorcycles, forklifts, and shuttle buses.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station Incentive In British Columbia.
Low Income & Indigenous Programs
- Free Energy Savings Kit Program – FortisBC, BC Hydro, and municipal utilities are offering free energy savings kits to income-qualified BC residents. Kits include facet aerators, LED lights, weather stripping, window film, and more.
- Energy Conservation Assistance Program – Similar to the free energy savings kit program, FortisBC, BC Hydro, and municipal utilities also offer free installation of these products, along with a free coaching on how you can save energy at home.
- Fortis Income Qualified Program – FortisBC offers rebates on natural gas furnaces & boilers, and water heaters to customers whose annual household income is below a certain threshold.
- Indigenous Community Heat Pump Program – Clean BC is currently offering a 80% rebate for fuel-switching heat pumps in indigenous communities.
- Indigenous Communities Conservation Program – BC Hydro is currently offering free energy efficiency products as well as special rebates for indigenous communities.
Canada Greener Homes Grant
Buildings, including our homes, account for 18% of Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions. We want to help Canadians make where they live more energy-efficient. This means homes will be more comfortable and more affordable to maintain while also supporting our environmental objectives. The Canada Greener Homes Grant will help homeowners make their homes more energy-efficient using british columbia solar power, create new jobs across Canada for energy advisors, grow our domestic green supply chains, and fight climate change.
What’s available through the initiative?
- Up to 700,000 grants of up to $5,000 to help homeowners make energy efficient retrofits to their homes, such as better insulation
- EnerGuide evaluations (worth up to $600) and expert advice to homeowners so they can begin to plan their retrofits
- Recruitment and training of EnerGuide energy advisors to meet the increased demand; this will create new jobs across Canada.
Participants are eligible for up to $5,600 total under the initiative. Updates will be provided over the life of the initiative to keep homeowners informed. As part of our work, we are committed to ensuring Greener Homes reaches diverse Canadians including those living in remote and northern communities and those with limited internet access. We are working on building a diverse network of energy advisors to provide career opportunities to all Canadians and to meet the need of our communities. British Columbia solar power.
Prairie Sun Solar is a Canadian Solar Panel Online Distributor (eligible for Greener Homes Grant) as well for Do It Yourself projects.
You can submit your proposal here by July 8,2021
Rebates Available In These Cities and Across British Columbia:
- Prince Rupert